Sunday, September 10, 2006

Crochet Felting

Click here to listen.

Oh my gosh! A new episode!!! Thanks to all of you who emailed me asking for more episodes and for all the support and encouraging words. Let me know how you feel about unedited episodes for future reference (but be gentle if you hate the idea). Interested in submitting episode content or doing a guest episode? Email me!

Oh and I think I was WRONG about the shrinkage -- after looking at my before and after pics, it appears that you get more shrinkage in width than in height. Once again though, if you get different results, please post that in a comment!

Here's just one example of a needle felting artist's work.

Here is a link to several different felting patterns and books.

And another.

Nonibags

You can see some of my crocheted felted bags in my introduction episode show notes.
Here are a few more...



Yikes!





My crocheted slipper (no pattern) before felting



And after felting.


(yeah, I suggest following a pattern!)

A bag before felting



And after.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jeanie,

Just go ahead and do your podcast and don't worry one bit about editing - we just like to listen to you! And sometimes the little flubs make me laugh!

Bev Love said...

The unedited casts are just fine!! But that slipper, is too funny. I could just picture my dog napping in it. Hey, maybe you have come up with a new pet bed idea. If they turn a profit let me know :)

Vashti Braha said...

Thanks so much for your Crochetcasts!! I like them any ol' way they happen--unedited or edited, short, long, one topic, many topics, whatever!

Dharmafey said...

I just found your podcast, but totally approve of just winging it!

Anonymous said...

What happened to your RSS feed? I've missed three episodes!

Liza's Pages said...

Hi, I miss your informative and thoughtful podcast. Best wishes for a happy and healthy New Year.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeanie, I'm a first time listener, and will definitely look for future episodes! It's fun to have something 'crochet' to listen to while I work.

YarnThing said...

Don't you just love felting! It is always amazing to me the size of the before and afters!

Marly